A whole lot of small and medium-size donations brought jazz to the White House. They can keep bringing it to Humboldt County, too!
Yup: President Obama has Bird, Miles, and Trane on his iPod, and he's been bringing great young jazz musicians (like Esperanza Spalding, a presidential favorite) to the White House for command performances, too. Call us shameless coattail-riders, but like the President, we, too, think that jazz represents ""the diversity of...our art and our culture," that it's "the essence of what makes America special."
Pondering the prospect of jazz in the White House reminds us how Obama got there. Sure, he's got his big corporate donors, like every politician. But what really made his 2008 campaign successful was the degree to which it depended upon millions of modest donations from everyday folks who were inspired by his message and excited about what he stood for. We don't want to stretch the analogy (for one thing, we don't have any big corporate donors), but the RJA's success also depends upon dozens of contributions from generous people in Humboldt County--businesses, professionals, and individuals--who appreciate the excitement of live jazz. That's how our audiences will continue to benefit from low ticket prices and free public workshops. That's what will help us grow and thrive throughout the upcoming season and in the years to come.
Membership in the RJA
With a tax-deductible donation of $40 ($75 for a household membership), you'll become a member of the RJA and help make it possible for this non-profit organization to continue as a staple of our vibrant regional arts scene.
In addition to the satisfaction that comes from helping to bring cutting-edge touring artists to Humboldt County six times a year, all members will qualify for these perks:
- 20% off of one purchase at Northtown Books
- eligibility for reserved seating at all RJA concerts
Please become a member today using the Google Checkout button below--or by sending your check for $40 ($75 for a household membership) payable to Redwood Jazz Alliance, P.O. Box 4443, Arcata CA 95518. We'll send your membership card to the address you provide to Google (or the address on your check). Thanks!
Underwriting & Donations
We can only keep ticket prices low (and offer free workshops and master classes with the musicians) through the generous support of individuals and local businesses who believe in our cause. We hope you'll consider joining their ranks by making a tax-deductible charitable contribution to the RJA. Thank you!
You can mail a check in any amount to Redwood Jazz Alliance, P.O. Box 4443, Arcata CA 95521. Or you can pay by credit card (via Google Checkout) and choose one of the suggested giving levels below. We'll thank you by name in our concert programs--unless you prefer to remain anonymous.
Businesses may sponsor performances in exchange for program advertising, poster placement, and other perks. Discounts and installment plans are available for sponsorship of multiple events. While we're grateful for your support at any level, we hope you can join us in one of the following categories:
- Sponsors ($200 in cash or trade) receive a quarter-page ad in one concert program and a link on the corresponding web page, two complimentary tickets to that performance, and a printed acknowledgement in all other concert programs throughout the season (as well on the front page of our website).
- Patrons ($400 in cash or trade) receive a half-page program ad in one concert program and a linked logo on the corresponding web page, along with logo placement on the event poster and a printed acknowledgement in all other programs (and on the front page of our website). (Or, if you prefer, you may apply the $200-level benefit to two events rather than one.)
- Multiplying these contributions at either level will extend the sponsorship benefits to additional concerts. You may advertise in all six of the season's concert programs for the price of five. Please call 707.633.8385 for details.
Please contact us at 707-633-8385 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details.